hotel in Parnell Square

indebtedgal

Hi All

have booked a cheap and cheerful hotel in Parnell Square (not sure if I can name it) which I am happy enough with. Its for Sunday night though and my fussy friend has said the area is seriously dodge and I should avoid.. To be fair I know the other side of the city is better but the prices are through the roof for sunday night and we just need a bed and someplace close to city centre for a few drinks after westlife.. Is it really bad.. The friend who was telling me about it would be nervous in Lourdes so I am not sure if she is exagerrating.. Any suggestions for food and drinks in the area also welcomed...

Like in any big city, just be vigilant about your personal safety. Its a main, busy area so its not likely you will be walking deserted streets to get there.

I would avoid walking anywhere in the city centre after 11pm or thereabouts. Too many drunks and trouble. But I would say the same about Tullamore, Cork or many other Irish cities or towns. You are close to O'Connell Street which is fairly lively all evening.

great, thats what I thought, my friend made it sound like I was staying in Hells kitchen and was looking for trouble!

you'll be fine, take a walk down to 'chinatown' (parnell street east) and check out the great chinese and korean restaurants.

Back