Home Home insurance declined

P

patr

I got myself into a spot of trouble. i got a new quote that i thought was very expensive via mortgage brokers. i decided to get my own, i discovered a leak and started making a claim and and genuinley forgot to furnish the details to the new company as i had already done the proposal over the phone. i then phoned them about two months later to advise them of my error. they cancelled my policy and as a result i can not get any company to even quote me. Can anyone please advise as where might insure me or is there somthing i can do about this?

try the company you are making the claim with. Explain the situation to them. You MUST inform them that your current company have cancelled your policy. Your previous insurer MIGHT agree to take you back again.

i currently have no insurance, i insured as the thread says with a new company. the claim got settled with the old company for 4k. i then thought that i forgot to say it to the company that i was insured with. when i informed them that an old claim was ongoing now settled and i genuinely forgot to inform them they cancelled the policy and gave me my money back,, now the fact i had a policy cancelled is preventing me of getting house cover any where. what can i do?

I would think your best bet is to do as Ravima suggests. Alternatively,if you have a mortgage, talk to your mortgage providers. It is likely that they have a block policy arrangement with an Insurance provider and they may use their influence to enable you to get cover. If that fails, go to a broker and they may be able to place your business. Again, make sure you fully disclose all material facts.

Back