Home heating oil prices?

is that vat inclusive? what is the vat rate on home heating in the north? would they/are they allowed to deliver and sell to a dundalk customer at this price

I just did a check of the 2 local oil distributors that I would always use and compared them to this boilerjuice site.

Boilerjuice is €7 more expensive. So do they just take a commission and get these folks to deliver you your oil?

If so, can't understand why you would ever use them when you could save money by cutting out the middle man.

The best way to use boilerjuice.ie is to buy on a buying weekend so that you get a discount based on quantity if others buy in your area. I guess they probably have more suppliers in some areas than others so that might explain why you can get yours cheaper than them. The more suppliers in an area then the more competitive they need to be to win the orders.

€230 for 500l in the NW Inishowen area.

Pity I didn't order 10 days ago when it was €200. Ah well.

430 Euro for 1000L, incld vat with Sweeney Oil in Castlebar
Thought best to fill before a possible tax hit in todays budget

1000L of oil is one price...500L is another price ie. not half the price

Its not exactly half the price because they try to give you a slight discount for ordering more. Thats how business generally works.

430 Euro for 1000L, incld vat with Sweeney Oil in Castlebar
Thought best to fill before a possible tax hit in todays budget

I did the same, buying expecting a price rise in the Budget that never happened.

D'oh.

Its not exactly half the price because they try to give you a slight discount for ordering more. Thats how business generally works.

precisely.

and the larger the tank the better the bargaining position.

also, if you can organise it so a few people will take a fill on the same day (neighbours/friends/family in the same area) you'll get an even better price.

best price I have found for home heating kerosene is Naas Oil who also deliver to Dublin. 500 litres was €265 although they also quoted 1000 litres to me for about €490. Not sure if that is the best price but Naas were the best I could find for home oil prices

Any suggestions on best price for heating oil in South East?

I got prices on [broken link removed] of €265 for 500l & €515 for 1000l has anyone got it cheaper than this?

I was quoted €260 for 500 ltrs and €480 for 1000 ltrs delivered in the north east (not N.I.)

That Boiler Juice quote looks good- I assume it is cash on delivery? What payment methods do they accept?

Yes you are right. COD only. They will accept cash, cheque, laser and credit cards. Oops sorry, thought you were talking about my quote!!

Thanks for the help- I also found another site www.cheapestoil.ie which looks ok. Just a pity I live in South East & not North East like MaryBM as all suppliers look very cheap. They must be buying it in the North or something as nowhere any further south can compare with the prices on offer.

Apparently some are bringing the oil across the border which in turn is forcing the compliant retailers to sell at a lower profit margin just to keep in business.

I got my tank filled the other day with a local company [broken link removed] and it cost me €490 which according to www.cheapestoil.ie seems to be the cheapest. I see they dropped the price again to €485 and the driver told me it was going to drop again next week! Good time to fill the tank ladies and gentlemen, well if you live in the midlands! Finally a good reason to be a midlander.....;-)

Back