hilton hotel booking

viztopia

i have booked three nights stay with a hilton hotel in the US. on the booking confirmation it states that there can be no changes made to the bookings i.e. change dates. i would like to change the dates and i know the easiest thing to do would be to ring them but has anyone had any dealings with them and can they refuse to change a date? i have paid for my bookings in full in advance.

Good luck - the prepay rates are usually significantly less than regular rates and are not changeable. No harm in giving them a ring but worse case scenario is if you want to change your booking you'll have to pay again.

Can depend on the operator. Ask if the dates are changeable without giving your booking reference, that way you can call back (to try and find a more helpful staff member) without your file having notes that you've already tried this.

Do you stay with Hiltons much?

I have a Hilton Honors Card which is good for getting attention. I suspect that they won't budge but a phone call to their USA based 1800 number won't fo amiss. You can ring 1800 from Ireland using the usual international prefix 001 - but you will be charged normal International reates.

I suggest you give them a believable sob story.

Let us know how you get on.

If your booking is for a far away date, there may be some chance of changing, but the nearer you get to the date the less flexible they will be.

Back