Heavy Duty Refuse sacks needed.

Odea

I need to do a big clear out in the garden. I need to purchase some heavy duty refuse sacks. I purchased a few supermarket bags labelled "heavy duty". They were far from heavy duty.

Anyone recommend a supplier/supermarket etc where I can purchase a few rolls?

Most builders providers will supply better quality ones than the supermarkets, they'll also do rubble sacks which will hold serious weight, or larger mini-skip type [broken link removed] more suited to garden waste.

Thanks. Maybe Woodies or similar? I have the mini skip bags but I was looking for something that can be brought to the dump in the boot of my car.

Woodies will likely have them, but will be more expensive than a proper builders providers.

Lots of suppliers of heavy duty sacks Best to phone around .I have used 400g also known as 400gauge .the higher the gauge the stronger the sack.I got mine from a local restaurant/industrial supplier.

Odea B&Q Have reusable Rubble sacks 30 off for 9 euro .If you google B&Q rubble sacks you will see them.Size 536X820

Thanks. I bought 50 in Woodies for €15. Not too happy with their strength though. They work out at 30c each. This seems expensive as well. There is a Woodies close to where I live so in a moment of weakness.....

Odea the rubble sacks in B&Q are stronger than the ones in Woodies They would be as strong as coal bags.

Unfortunately there is no B&Q anywhere near where I live. I used the Woodies ones yesterday and the small "sticks" that I was filling them with were shredding the sides of the bag. 47 of them left.......

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Rubble-Bags-Builders-Sacks/dp/B01H2SN9X2

Granted the E4 for parcel motel will add to the cost but still better than what you bought in Woodies I'd say.

When I have a large amount of garden waste to take to a recycling facility, I pile it all up into a tarpaulin sheet on the ground near the car. Once adequately full but still manageable, I tie up the sides with rope and push/pull it into the boot of my car (with help of course!).
Once at the recycling centre, pull the closed tarpaulin out of the boot, drag it to where you dispose of the waste, open and ditch it's contents in one go. I find it far easier and cheaper than refuse sacks. Just an alternative suggestion which may work for you.

Apologies if I come across somewhat anal, but like many things, refuse bags fall under the "right tool for the job" mantra.
Much like a bin liner is useless for carrying household waste, a refuse sack (heavy duty or otherwise) is useless for garden waste.
You'll need a rubble sack or a builders bag for this. The former are relatively small in capacity but are made of heavy plastic.
The latter are very strong, made of weaved plastic similar to coal sacks; you may be familiar with "Skippo bags" or "one tonne bags".
If your local hardware store or builders providers don't sell rubble sacks or builders bags, try Amazon.co.uk

Back