Health insurance for 2 adults

Kay wainwright

Hi. Just joined the forum. Looking for advise. My parents are aged 60 and 71. Both in good health with no preexisting conditions. Have medical cards. I am trying to search through the maze of options. After reading the blogs laya seems to be more popular than VHI and IrishLife. Laya Essential 300 @ 895( recommended option by Laya) looks good. However reading the forum Simplicity 1191euros and Simply Connect 1179euros seem very popular. Apart from the excess how does Laya Essential 300 stand against the other two. They don't want to pay less if they are not properly covered on the important things. Semi private is fine and Dublin would be the nearest hospitals.
Do VHI and Irish Life have anything similar at the same prices? Looking at plans its hard to find what is NOT covered and I think the devil is in that detail.
All information will be appreciated
Regards

Is this their first Health Insurance policy, or are they already insured but considering changing? There is heavy loading for adults over 35 taking out a policy for the first time.

They have returned to Ireland and would be considered first time entrants if they join within 9 months.
They have had top up private in France for the last 10 years.
Any information would be highly appreciated.

Back