Has anyone made any profit from overseas property residential or commercial?

Thanks for your thoughts. This country's problems are not going to be solved by Political Football and a blame game. If you are trying to gain support for the Blue Shirts or Labour this is not the place, not there is a place for these wasters either.

As already mentioned here there and everywhere, most economies are in the same circumstance as Ireland, so get real. And try keeping to the topic of this thread. Otherwise start a new one.

Do you work for the government press office? I dont know how many times you have peddled the government line, 'its a worldwide problem', 'it wasnt in our control'. 'the opposition are wasters'. Come on mercman change the record.

Last edited:
Mercman,

You started this argument in the first place. I think you should have mentioned, you were a member of Fianna Fail in the first place.

Maybe you should check the previous posts before you start apportioning blame in my direction. I am not a member of FF or any political party, so get your facts correct. On your own admission you bought into property here so if it had of kept rising you might be thanking your enemies !!

Now I'm off this thread as it is about property so find someone else to cast aspersions about.

What is your view on the property Market in Eastern Europe, Bulgaria, Romania etc?.

I can't offer any take on Bulgaria but I think I'm fairly well placed to pronounce on Romania having been out here now for 9 years.

At the moment there is outstanding value to be had in zoned land. I bought a site a couple of years ago which I intend to hang-on to in the longer term but I was more than hacked-off last weekend when I discovered that a not immediate neighbour is selling his land, albeit a bigger area and without access to utilities as I have, at the same price as I paid back then. That's life, but until he sells his plot I have little chance of selling mine.

I've banged on about this before here but you'd have to be a muppet to consider buying residential or commercial property in Romania at the moment without having first done a comparrison evaluation against farmland.

Really and truly if I had my time again, or if I could get rid of some of my bricks and mortar investments, then I'd be straight over to the northeast of the country to buy farmland and let the EU pay me my subsidy. Anyway you live and you learn.

I , on paper, made about 20% on commercial property in Germany last year. This is only what the syndicate annual reports say but, at least, its more hopeful that its an estimated profit rather than a loss ;)

Do you work for the government press office? I dont know how many times you have peddled the government line, 'its a worldwide problem', 'it wasnt in our control'. 'the opposition are wasters'. Come on mercman change the record.

Another example of you picking at other peoples quotes. Is this all you do cayne?!

Back