Halifax regular saver account

minion

I cant seem to get an answer out of Halifax on this one.
Does anyone here know the answer.

If you put €750 per month in for a year you get your 7% on the whole lot.
Now, lets say we are into year 2 and still putting €750 per month in.
We have not touched the money put in in the first year at all.

My question is, does the original amount about €10000 still earn interest for the following year at 7% (assuming of course their rate is still at 7% then) as long as you continue to save at €750pm.

People in Halifax keep giving different answers and its not clear in their Ts&Cs

It is quite clear in their terms and conditions but they may not want to spell it out to you. They are paying 7% at the moment but they can change that anytime, to-morrow, next month, next year, anytime. They give no commitment as to how long it will stay at 7%. You are talking about year 2 - try and get through year 1 first at 7% - you might be lucky. Don't know what you mean by ''you get your 7% on the whole lot.'' Remember you only get interest on what you have saved. It is not a case of saving €750 per month and at the end of 12 months get 7% of 12x€750=€9.000. Have another good study of the terms and conditions.

Their terms and conditions can say what they like but they are definitely giving the impression that the rate will be 7% for 18 months. I for one will take my money out in a hairs breath if they change it before then. Likewise with any of the other regular saver offers.....

Back