Gyms - good deals

R

rockboy

Hi all -I play for a football team and am fit but wanted to rejoin my old gym to do a bit of extra work esp over the close season in the Summer to keep in shape.

It's the Ivy Gym and they are charging 50 a month off-peak with a joining fee of 70. I asked if seeing as how I was a former member and would be paying them 600 a year would they forget about the signing on fee and even spoke to the manager but they wouldn't budge which really pi$$ed me off so I now dont want to join there.

Can anyone recommend a southside city centre gym that is good value as 700 a year (Counting signing on fee) for off peak membership seems like a total rip off to me.

It must have good modern equipment as I am serious about my sport and not one of those who goes once every blue moon.

Thanks in advance

Title edited by ClubMan.

Re: GYMS - GOOD DEAL

(take it this is no use to you :) )

Dundrum Gym is pretty good. They run a variety of deals from time to time. Expect to pay 400-500.

Try the new hotel on Sir John Rogersons Quay, the sign says it has a pool & gym, not sure if its open yet though!

Jackie Skelly

on Chatham st (I think, near grafton st.). Called in a couple of months back & keep getting junk mail.

Latest was last week, for I think 55pm or 500py.

gym

howz about some ben dunne gym? Carlisle near KCR for 450 or thereabouts and fee back if you lose 6 kg deal recently I believe? Great array of equipment at value price.

The key to joining a gym is to lie. Tell them you're a member of a rival gym and want to switch. They'll waive your joining fee.

Back