Growing trees for firewood

MacTheKnife1 - The link is in post 8. They didn't have an online website when I bought mine, I just called them on the phone. It costs less than you may think to ring NZ and you can ask a question or two that way.
Good luck with the planting, I'd love to see pics if you grow some...

Chevalier - I have bought the seeds from the New Zealanders - placed order and received them two days ago. As you said ... tons of seeds. Got a few other varieties aswell. Great service, friendly people.

First poster to PM me with a postal address gets a small (free) portion of the seeds I was sent. Just a way to say thanks to the board for all the advice I have been given by the many posters here.

The seeds are really tiny. There is a small guide on how to grow them. They need stratification.

Mac

so has anyone taken the plunge and started growing willows for firewood?

would be interested to start, wouldnt have a clue when to plant etc

Just bumping this as I am looking for permission to plant a couple of acres of trees for home heating.

Can anyone share there experience or offer any advice.

Do you need permission for that? We've planted a few acres of trees and haven't asked for any.

Providing it's your own land and whatever you are planting doesn't interfere with neighbours/utilities etc I don't see why you would need permission of any kind from anyone? :confused:

Any "Group Schemes" in Kerry?

I was very interested to find all this info, as I have been looking into doing something similar. Thanks. I was hoping that there may have been projects up and running that someone could maybe buy into, thus reducing the waiting time.

Back