Greyhound deposit?

vandriver

I have just left Greyhound for Thornton's due to the ridiculous bills(€45+ every month).
My question though is does anyone remember being forced to pay a deposit at some stage in the last 15 years?
I just have a hazy memory of this happening but can't find any email or app confirmation.

Maybe its to do with the return of the bins: under Charges/Payment - Terms and Conditions

10.13.2 Customers acknowledge and accept that GHH provides a pre-paid service and to ensure collection must pay a deposit of €35 in respect of the Bins provided. This deposit shall be held by GHH in respect of the Bins in the possession of the Customer. The deposit is fully refundable to the Customer but subject to the Bins being returned to GHH following a valid contract termination by the Customer. If the deposit is forfeited by GHH then the amount of the deposit forfeited will be offset against any Bin Recovery Charges described at Clause 16 hereunder.

If you signed up 15 years ago then the Terms and Conditions may not have included the clause below. Greyhound will charge you €45 (3 bins) to cancel with them. If you paid €35 to them then you will still owe them €10.

11.2. . These General Terms and Conditions and any further terms and conditions that apply to the contract between the Customer and GHH will be provided to the Customer by e mail or in writing, before the first payment is made by the Customer. The Customer has the right to cancel this contract within 7 working days of the first payment being made without any reason being given. If the Customer cancels within the 7 day cancellation period they will be entitled to a full refund of all sums paid to GHH. The Customer must inform GHH that they wish to cancel and must do so by in writing. If a customer cancels or does not renew their service with Greyhound there will be a bin removal fee of €15 per bin charged against their account.

You may have inadvertantly signed up to these Terms in the meantime but I would fight it out with them.

FYI Thornton's have a similar clause.

Would Greyhound not move you to a cheaper, modern plan?

Back