Key Post Great new website for distressed borrowers from Insolvency Service

Bronte

Back on Track website

http://backontrack.ie/

Must say I'm impressed with it. Very straightforward on a cursory glance. Layout is good.

And if you want more comprehsensive information it's laid out here:

[broken link removed]

I particularly like that in the index it says the following

What happens to

My pension
My home
My car
My job
Will my name be published

etc. That's the type of thing people want to know.

Note to ISI:

How about an interactive tool, so a person can put in their debts and income and show them how much they would have to pay for how long and how much they would be left with to live on.

Also think the procedure is still too long and complex (but realise this is down to the legislation)

Question

Any pip on here able to tell me what happens to the debts in 'orange' live revenue taxes or LPT that you have to 'ask' to be included.

The ISI has also waived fees until Dec 2015.

That's a very good idea, never understood how anybody who was broke could be expected to pay a fee.

I wonder though have they improved the service offered to debtors. Made it more stream lined. I remember poster Guinea Pig had an awful ordeal trying to get her DRN (debt relief notice).

It might be an idea for the ISI to interview people who have gone through the process to ask them how they found the system, was it tough, embarrassing, difficult, simple. Also would like to see if people were happy with the result, in as much as one can be happy with having to be insolvent.

I presume that meeting in Cork is this evening October, the 20th.

Here an article on the Insolvency services new campaign, and from a PIP who states that it's the unsecured creditors who are the main reason people are so broke. And that the unsecured creditors might get 5% of their debt and 30% if they are very lucky.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/cons...r-for-the-insolvency-service-1.1966476?page=2

The PIP also mentions that up to now banks have been 'irrationally' rejecting deals.

Just a question; do you contact ISI if you have problems or do you go to a PIP?

Are ISI just the "regulatory board" or do they assist homeowners themselves - hence the relaxation of the fee etc?

I paid €500 over a month ago to register, and now I am hearing that fees are waived! Can anyone tell me if I am entitled to this money back, this doesn't seem fair!

Just a question; do you contact ISI if you have problems or do you go to a PIP?

Are ISI just the "regulatory board" or do they assist homeowners themselves - hence the relaxation of the fee etc?

I don't think the under 20K solution requires a PIP. Why not give the ISI a phonecall, they are obviously not very busy and can surely direct you in the right area. Might be the best call you'll make.

I paid €500 over a month ago to register, and now I am hearing that fees are waived! Can anyone tell me if I am entitled to this money back, this doesn't seem fair!

I very much doubt it, but you could try them. Any chance you'd tell us how your insolvency is going?

Back