Got offered wyckham point

dshakey

just been offered wyckham point in dundrum.
does anyone live there? hopfully going to see it this week or next. very excited it looks lovely.

i have a few questions, not usre if anyone can answe them.

1. what are the maintenance fees
2. does the kitchen come full fitted, in an affordable housing apartment. it is standard if you buy directly from the builder
3. what do you think my waiting time would be before i get the keys..

Hi dshakey,

Hopefully i can help a little. The apartments in wyckham are all different and I mean that. I saw 17 and not one was the same. Also there is a mix in wyckham - some always were desinated to affordable and some not. The apts that were always assigned as affordable are different to those that were originally meant for private sale and then assigned to affordable as they did not have to go by the council's specification. The apts that have always been affordable have a different finish to the those that were private - no appliances, different tiles, different worktops (i think), no spot lights, no ensuite and less chrome fittings but they do come with a kitchen and bathroom fitted and tend to be on the first and second floors and even the penthouse. So its a case of balancing what you want.

Maintenance fees for a two bed are €1800 + €200 for an underground car space but that includes access to the gym and the concierge facility.

Waiting time...council plays the biggest part in delaying the process if you want it revalued. If you are happy with the value put on it, you could be in within 6 weeks.

Good luck!

Make sure you get the correct value. Check the size and value of the property you are offered against what the agent is selling them privately for. View the show apts as if you're buying privately and ask for all the different prices.

A friend of mine is buying there. Her apt is about 60sqm and it was valued at €450k. Larger apts are now selling new there for €420k. With the change in legislation for affordable housing you'll be paying clawback even if you keep your apt for 20 years. I can't imagine you'll be closing before January.

Good luck.

thanks guys. still no word yet to when ill be seeing the apartments, ill update this when i do.

it is interesting to know some of the spec is different. i wonder if i could buy the appliances from the builder at cheap cost?

i havent seen any show apartments up in wykhmm point are they still there?

i have 2 options one apartment for 255 and another for 260, cant wait to see what the difference is

hey, yeah they are still there but to be honest I actually thought the show apt wasn't the best and as they are all different it doesn't really give you any idea of what they will be like!

And the pricing is based in size. When I went to view mine, they sent the numbers of the apartments that would be on view before hand so I looked them all up on the plans first and shortlisted some of them. The day can be quite chaotic as you are viewing so many, so I made a shortlist based on what I knew I wanted. Might be some help!

hey, yeah they are still there but to be honest I actually thought the show apt wasn't the best and as they are all different it doesn't really give you any idea of what they will be like!

And the pricing is based in size. When I went to view mine, they sent the numbers of the apartments that would be on view before hand so I looked them all up on the plans first and shortlisted some of them. The day can be quite chaotic as you are viewing so many, so I made a shortlist based on what I knew I wanted. Might be some help!

Thanks, i am guessing you did bought one?
was there many people viewing at the same time?
if you did buy one are you happy with it, you said some apartments not have kitchen appliances, does your one?

cheers

Yes i did! Mine has them but I was more concerned with the size, shape and position of the apartment. It wasn't my first choice as the person right before me picked my first choice but I think it prob suits me better. Out of the people there only about half of people went with wyckham and the others decided against it, holding out for another offer.

The viewing day I found vey stressful. I was viewing the two beds and reckon about 20 people were viewing the same apartments at the same time which made it really difficult to judge the apartments. And some of them are pretty small to begin with without herding 20 people into them! If you are going for a one bed the group is much smaller. In our round there were only two people viewing those!

Yes i did! Mine has them but I was more concerned with the size, shape and position of the apartment. It wasn't my first choice as the person right before me picked my first choice but I think it prob suits me better. Out of the people there only about half of people went with wyckham and the others decided against it, holding out for another offer.

The viewing day I found vey stressful. I was viewing the two beds and reckon about 20 people were viewing the same apartments at the same time which made it really difficult to judge the apartments. And some of them are pretty small to begin with without herding 20 people into them! If you are going for a one bed the group is much smaller. In our round there were only two people viewing those!

thanks Seonewbie, all this information is really handy, want to be as prepared as possible. i am looking for a two bed, can i ask how much you paid and wat sq foot it is.
It looks like a really nice development. are you renting the other room?
sorry for all the questions.

thanks Seonewbie, all this information is really handy, want to be as prepared as possible. i am looking for a two bed, can i ask how much you paid and wat sq foot it is.
It looks like a really nice development. are you renting the other room?
sorry for all the questions.

pm'd you!

So did you get the list of which apartments will be on view? I used the online plans then to make a shortlist before viewing!

So did you get the list of which apartments will be on view? I used the online plans then to make a shortlist before viewing!

she said she'd email on the details, but still havent heard from them.
i might ring them this afternoon.

I have a viewing in Wyckham point this Wednesday. Just wondering if they all come fully fitted with applicances etc. I'd be really interested to hear from people who are already in there.

Not all come with appliances, just the ones that were orginally private and then bought back by/given back to the council

there is some apartments fully fitty out like said, but the most of them dont, they have few different finishes, but still good quailty, like no chrome switchs different worktops and no ensuite. but the ones with out, are usallly higher up.

Back