good time to buy sterling?

I've never been called elitist, but I kinda like it, could you say it again?
I'm afraid you're but a gentle follower, not a leader. Therefore an elitist you are not, just slightly better, for what that's worth.

This court decision was always going to happen and the Prime Ministers threat to speed up Brexit was just a load of bull to appease the Leave campaigners. Have a look at Post No 27 on here written on 15th Oct. From now on pay attention when i'm talking to to some of you Elitists on here.

Personally, I prefer post no. 15 from Oct 14th, starting with point no. 1

There will be no Brexit, never was going to be one. Not quite sure how we got into this mess.

Buying or selling sterling, without any economic need is very similar to betting, as pointed out by S Barrett in post 34.

For my money, now is not a good time to buy sterling, it has further to fall. While I have acknowledged the point in post 34, I think that due to the unusual nature of the current circumstances, it may well be possible to predict the future trend of sterling. The unusual thing is that a decision has been made but not yet implemented. Usually factors that effect currency movements change from rumour to reality instantly. Brexit if not inevitable, is certainly more than rumour, however it will not turn to reality for over two years.

The time to buy sterling will be when every possible downside of Brexit has been priced in. I have no idea what level of sterling that will be, but it will occur when the markets are really panicking about Brexit. Probably about 6 to 3 months before it actually happens.

Rate was better on the date Trump got elected, but not bad at the moment, if the markets truly believe in a hard brexit, sterling will weaken further.

To all followers of currency markets......

I'm planning a big holiday in 2018 and have just paid a small booking deposit in sterling to a UK travel company. They are now asking me whether I wish to continue paying the holiday off in euro or sterling over the duration of the next 20 months until travel time. I need to commit to whatever currency I wish to pay in now.

Any ideas on whether I should stick to euro or opt for sterling payments?

Thanks in advance for any opinions

Stick to whatever currency you get paid in. That gives you certainty. The alternative is a gamble. An even bigger gamble is giving any company -- particularly a UK one -- seven grand that far in advance, unless you've made sure it's 100% fully bonded by ABTA.

Mugs game trying to 2nd guess when to buy.

Since June any mention of Hard Brexit and STG£ falls , on a softer Brexit STG£ stays @ about .84.
How are your your dice throwing skills?

i think sterling is a relatively good buy right now , the ftse is slightly pricey however , were one to buy sterling and wait for a pullback in uk equities , could be a good strategy

a hard brexit is less likely after this election result

Back