Giving your Affordable home back/help from DCC

D

DuBsTa

Hi there, Looking for some advice.

With the current climate the monthly struggle with my mortgage and bills are sending me off the wall!

Every month it is physically impossible to get straight without being broke 2 hours after im paid.

Now my question has anyone out there given back the keys or got any assistance from DCC?

Cheers, DuBsTa :(

Valuation of Affordable house

Does anyone know do the Council dictate the sale price and do they use a valuer to decide on the price ?

I think they will give you a price that they expect for the property. It will affect if you are S/O. As for me, I'm annuity and all I need is to clear the redemption balance (easily said than done). I could sell it for more or below the market price. The figure they will give is what they want. Interesting topic. Ultimately whatever the balance is on your loan is what needs to be cleared. Get what you can but some are selling below what they are worth just to be rid of it at this stage.

To the OP, no you cant just hand back the keys. Go in and discuss with DCC and find out first hand what/if your options are. As you all know, there is no flexiblity with this scheme.

Back