Getting rid of anti-freeze smell?

Abbica

Hi, our hot water tank and the pipes to the anti freeze ended out going into my hotpress, I leave that discussion there. There is still room for putting shelves up the other side of the hot water tank but the smell in there is of alcohol, very strong. We just have a large plastic drum with a pipe going into the nozzle into the anti-freeze. Does anyone have this problem and how do you do it so you don't have a smell, can't put clothes in there with the smell.

I presume you are referring to solar ? Glycol does not have a strong smell even when 100% pure although I suppose a lot depends on how good a persons sense of smell is. The container is to catch the glycol in the event of the safety valve having to release pressure, they are a safety measure it should not have anything in it, perhaps you could ask your installer to wash it out. If they claim it was clean and it now has glycol in it you may need to get the pressure checked. When there was no other way to direct the pipe where it can blow off safely we have used a similar container, however we used a clear plastic drum with the pipe securely fitted through the cap and a small air hole at the back. Thankfully we never had any problems with them.

Back