Gel / Acrylic Nails in Dublin

Rachob

Hi,
I am wondering if anyone has a suggestion of the best place in Dublin to get gel or acrylic nails done? The price in most places in the city centre seems to be pretty similar, €65-€75, so I would like to know where I would get the best quality job done. I have not had this done before, so would also like to know if one is better than the other.
Thanks!

Where are you based? I use a place in Swords called Pure Escape to have my gel nails refilled, costs 50€, not sure what they charge for a new set they have a website you can check out, no affliation, just a happy customer!
Which is better depends on what you do with your hands, Acrilic are supposedly tougher, but gel are a bit more flexible (so I was told by my beautician) As I work in an office she reccomended gel to me,

Had the gel ones done before - took 6 months before my own nails recovered, they absolutely wreck your own nails.

If you havent had it done before ask someone who has them can you examine them - I was surprised by how thick the tips are, totally not like real nails at all, I really didnt like how fake looking they were. Also where they meet your cuticle - that looks desperate after a week or two and you get into a refill cycle (or like me, pick them off and have destroyed real nails for months).

Had the gel ones done before - took 6 months before my own nails recovered, they absolutely wreck your own nails.

If you havent had it done before ask someone who has them can you examine them - I was surprised by how thick the tips are, totally not like real nails at all, I really didnt like how fake looking they were. Also where they meet your cuticle - that looks desperate after a week or two and you get into a refill cycle (or like me, pick them off and have destroyed real nails for months).

Agree with this. Very high maintenance, they need to be filled every couple of weeks, quite expensive and your own nails are very weak after them.

I have gel nails, and they are a lot easier to use than acrylic and I understand better for your nails. Still haven't quite mastered the taking euro out of trollies yet though.

I would recommend the Nail Zone in Clerys - 8173261 (ask for Joanne or Jenny if they are free) or Velvet on the quays - 8788940 (Edel is good).

I wonder if anyone knows of a place that does hair and nails at the same ime, would surely be a gold mine.

I have gel nails, and they are a lot easier to use than acrylic and I understand better for your nails. Still haven't quite mastered the taking euro out of trollies yet though.

I would recommend the Nail Zone in Clerys - 8173261 (ask for Joanne or Jenny if they are free) or Velvet on the quays - 8788940 (Edel is good).

I wonder if anyone knows of a place that does hair and nails at the same ime, would surely be a gold mine.

My local hairdressers has a nail/beauty bit at the back of the hair salon, dont think they work on you at the same time as the hairdressers though.

I do have a friend who does nails privately so she would go to your home and do them - it costs about the same as going in somewhere to have them done, she has a lot of repeat custom, its convenient because she comes to your home at a time that suits you.

Hmm, ok thanks, I'll have to have a think about it so, my own nails are wrecked from work anyway, and it's very difficult to keep them long, so I want to get them done as a treat to myself over christmas. But I'm begining to doubt how much of a treat it will actually be now!!

Thanks for the suggestions / comments.

Hmm, ok thanks, I'll have to have a think about it so, my own nails are wrecked from work anyway, and it's very difficult to keep them long, so I want to get them done as a treat to myself over christmas. But I'm begining to doubt how much of a treat it will actually be now!!

Thanks for the suggestions / comments.

To be perfectly honest with you Ive preferred the results from using the cheaper stick on kits from chemists. They only last 3/4 days but they are easy to apply, look great and dont wreck your own nails.

hey i do Acrylic nails and if applied properly they do not damage your natural nail, i charge 45euro for a full set with white tips,and 35 for refills with white tips, i also do manicure and pedicure treatments from 30euro my mobile num is 085-1419893 my name is fiona

Gel Nails do dammage your own nails, i took mine off about 3 weeks ago after a year to give my nails a break while they're not in too bad a condition i'd say it'd take about a month to get back to normal if you look after them.

I have to say i've decided to get the gel nails back on for over the Christmas period, i think they do look great on and even though they are high maintenance they're very additive!I would often leave mine 4 weeks before getting refills,if you file them a bit yourself they last longer.Clery's are doing a full set of gel nails at the moment for €60...

Back