Gas water heater

Killter

Hi guys,

A quick question.

I'm using a gas bottle water heater. everything was going fine until recently the the kitchen sink and bathroom taps stopped spouting hot water. the showers and other taps are ok....but only these two taps have stopped working.

I recently cleaned the pipe under the the sink hole by removing the s bend and I'm wondering if I created an air lock or something.

Does anybody have any idea what's going on?

Thanks!

Hi Mathepac,

Sorry I wasn't very clear. There's water coming out of the two taps as normal, but it just isn't hot. It doesn't even get warm.

Thanks,

Killter

S-bend under sink will not be connected, that's just a trap on the drain from the sink.

Is there any water at all flowing from the problem taps? There may be a restriction in the pipe feeding the hot water to the sink that means the flow rate is below that at which the heater kicks in.

Are the working taps supplied by the same heater? Any valves on the pipe from the heater to the taps that are no longer working?

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your message.

Flow from all taps including the problem taps is normal. All taps including the showers and bidet are heated from the same heater. the bidet and showers are working fine, no problem with flow or heat.

I'll check when I get back for valves.

Thanks again.

....just checked....No valves or taps that could have been turned by mistake.

Taps still running fine but with with cold water.

Get someone to take a look at the heater so, it should kick in when it detects a sufficient flow, may be a problem with the sensor.

Get someone to take a look at the heater so, it should kick in when it detects a sufficient flow, may be a problem with the sensor.
'sufficient flow' turned out to be the problem. There is sand or grit coming in via the water mains. It is slowly blocking the water flow, which isnt able to generate enough flow to ignite the water heating system. Taps have to be removed and cleared of the sand or grit.

Reactions: Leo
Back