Gas Heating problem with radiators

icun

Hi,

I have been having some problems with the heating in the new apartment we moved into. I repressurised the system and have bled all of the radiators yet, when I turn on the system the radiators don't heat up. Occassionally they do heat up and then randomly cool down again even with the system still turned on and the boiler going. The pressure reading for the boiler is 2 bar or so, is this too high? If so, how would I lower that?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

System pressure should be 1-1.5 bar when system is totally cold and should stay below 3 when hot (only top up when cold) if you are too high, bleed a rad until it comes down (may take a while)

This should not be the cause of you issue, i the heating/cooling of rads is random, either you have dodgy thermostatic rad valves, or maybe your system has some air traveling around and all aav's are closed and the air cannot escape (if so you will hear gurgling sometimes at certain rads as the air is on the move) and is dragged around via the pump causing intermittent airlocks.

The other possible cause is a very poor rad balance, easy enough to sort that one.

Possibly suggest get a good service on the boiler and system to identify and hopefully cure the issue

Back