Life Found old life insurance policy

TheShark

On doing some house clearing I have discovered an old life insurance policy that my late mother had for my grandmother. I have been aware of this policy as my mother informed me in her dying days of its existance and that she had never cashed it in.
From what I can see on the policy schedule it is dated 1959 , the life assured is my grandmother , the proposer is my mother , the assured was aged 49 , the premium was 7d (old pennies) and the sum assured was £26 and 19 shillings and says that it is payable at death along with bonuses.
The policy is fully paid up and the insurance company is Prudential.
So what do I do with it now?
Would anyone have any idea of its current value?

As far as I know Irish Life took over Prudential so in the first instance, contact Irish Life.

I know somebody else who had a similar circumstance, although not quite as old. From what I remember, they are obliged to calculate the amount at the interest rate that was pending for each year, but on encashment is subject to Acquisition / Inheritance Tax.

As far as I know Irish Life took over Prudential so in the first instance, contact Irish Life.
The policy was taken out in London as my mother worked there from 1955-1972 , she then returned home to Ireland , would Irish Life hold the policy in that case?

Back