Form 12 Who gets one?

Am I allowed to fill out ROS instead of filling out Form 12, as its a lot simpler and easier to fill out?
As far as I know you can register for ROS and use it. In fact in your case since you have non PAYE income it may be that you MUST do this or at least somehow do a Form 11 self assessment return.

As far as I know you can register for ROS and use it. In fact in your case since you have non PAYE income it may be that you MUST do this or at least somehow do a Form 11 self assessment return.

Ive been using ROS to declare small amounts of foreign income every year, for the last few years. But now they want Form 12 done. I would like to continue using ROS.

Ive emailed them to ask, but as yet no response.

Ive been using ROS to declare small amounts of foreign income every year, for the last few years. But now they want Form 12 done. I would like to continue using ROS.

Ive emailed them to ask, but as yet no response.

Looks like my question has been answered. Just tried to login to ROS to declare foreign income. Got the following message

"Unfortunately we cannot process your Request as you have a PAYE return (Form 12, Form 12D, Form 11E) outstanding."

So the Revenue prefer people to use Form 12 over ROS.

Yes - just register for ROS and do your return there. In fact if you have $3K of non PAYE foreign income then you probably SHOULD be self assessed anyway. If in doubt get professional advice.

Back