Folding chairs (interior) for small apartment that are not lower than normal

elcato

Anyone know where I'd get good quality folding chairs which would be suitable for indoors. I know argos and those have them but the tend to be metal and weather proofed and lower than you average chair for dining inside. IKEA have ones that are 46cm high which is better than the others which are 42cm but well IKEA is hard work.

Woodies usually have those folding chairs too, I have several that I use at Christmas etc. I definitely bought some in Woodies, think I might have bought others in Homestore, Argos as well I'd say have them. They are a little lower I find so I put one of those kitchen chair pads on them, they are permanently tied to them in the attic :)

The ones I have are similar to these

yeah - everyone seems to have external ones or ones for small sprogs at festivities. Might try going the decent cushion route but then it defeats the purpose of saving space when not dining.

Well lots of the adults sit on mine, I have only 4 proper chairs but can have up to 12 for dinners, no one has complained yet! I have sat on them myself and don't find them particularly low, the cushion is more for a bit of comfort. Hang on, I'm going to go measure mine :)

Ok, exactly one inch difference. I have two different types of folding ones, both are 17" from floor to seat. The wooden proper chairs are 18" to top of seat, the seat being an inch thick. The cushion pads are about inch and half thick, they don't impede the chair folding at all and take up minimal space when left dangling on them.

I only provide stools to the sprogs :)

The Collection Point in Carrickmines might be a little easier if you know what you want.
What's that about Ted ? You have to go out and see them and then discuss your order and then come back and collect it ? I don't see anywhere that you can order online and just collect it or am I missing the obvious ?

Oh! I had assumed order online and collect would be available. Two trips instead of one doesn't make a lot of sense unless you're in the neighbourhood anyway!

Back