Fixed to Tracker.... where?

Newbie2009 I am in the same situation as you and am currently
Awaiting a response from the ombudsman.
Have you received a response from the ombudsman yet?
Thanks

Hi Blacksheep,
I received correspondence from the FSO recently just advising that they had sent paperwork to the bank with a 20 working day response time. Ive spoken to a few folk who confirmed that it will take the bank a lot longer than 20 working days to respond to the FSO, but at least the ball is rolling now!
When did you send off your request to the FSO?

No it will take the bank 20 days. but if this is your first instance of going to the ombudsman, months of back and forth will follow. So don't hold your breath.

Ah, Im sure there will be a lot of too-ing and fro-ing, but the ball is rolling, so I'll just sit and watch it roll! :)

Hi Blacksheep,
I received correspondence from the FSO recently just advising that they had sent paperwork to the bank with a 20 working day response time. Ive spoken to a few folk who confirmed that it will take the bank a lot longer than 20 working days to respond to the FSO, but at least the ball is rolling now!
When did you send off your request to the FSO?

I sent through the FSO application form at the end of October.
I accepted the offer of mediation at the begining of November but the bank declined, I was advised by the FSO at the end of November that they would investigate the case but it would take between 6-8 weeks before a response would be received.
I was just wondering how long I can expect to wait as I thought 6-8 weeks might be too good to be true..
I will continue to wait patiently like you :)
Best of luck!

I started in April and didnt finish until last month. Have you checked the "general conditions relating to the mortgage" Newbie?

Hi Blacksheep,
I sent in my initial complaint mid august, and I got an acknowledgement mid November, so approx 12 weeks for that! I was advised in that letter that a summary of my complaint would be sent to UB for their response (they were given 20 working days).
About a week later, I got a letter from the FSO, enclosing a copy of their correspondence to the UB, I think it was 27/11/12, so 20 working days from then!
I will update this thread as I progress!
Its a waiting game now I suppose :)

I started in April and didnt finish until last month. Have you checked the "general conditions relating to the mortgage" Newbie?

Hi Peteb,
Is that in the contract itself? I went through my mortgage documents in detail, I could find no reference to SVR, only Tracker... so I sent in Data Protection request for all my mortgage documents, which I got (after a few attempts), but there is still nothing indicating SVR anywhere.

Hi Blacksheep,
I sent in my initial complaint mid august, and I got an acknowledgement mid November, so approx 12 weeks for that! I was advised in that letter that a summary of my complaint would be sent to UB for their response (they were given 20 working days).
About a week later, I got a letter from the FSO, enclosing a copy of their correspondence to the UB, I think it was 27/11/12, so 20 working days from then!
I will update this thread as I progress!
Its a waiting game now I suppose :)

It will be very interesting to see how it pans out.
Hopefully it will be a positive outcome.

Back