First Active Reg. Savings Interest not applied for April

askU

Hi,

I have a 'Regular Savings Account' AND 'E-Savers Account' with First Active. I'm able to view all transactions via on-line banking. I opened the Regular savings acc in early march-Interest was then applied on 1 Apr 2008 for the previous month (March). The Interest was added to the E-savers account on 30 Apr 2008 but no interest was added to the Regular savings account.

I just want to know if any one else here seen seen this problem- Is it an error?

Hi,

I have a 'Regular Savings Account' AND 'E-Savers Account' with First Active. I'm able to view all transactions via on-line banking. I opened the Regular savings acc in early march-Interest was then applied on 1 Apr 2008 for the previous month (March). The Interest was added to the E-savers account on 30 Apr 2008 but no interest was added to the Regular savings account.

I just want to know if any one else here seen seen this problem- Is it an error?

Same happened to me. Is interest paid monthly on both accounts? Maybe quarterly on the regular saver account?

I phoned up First active this morning asd the lady at the other end of the fhone was not able to gine me an answer- she ended up saying to me to call into my local branch.....her product knowledge was not up to scratch!!

However according to here: http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=20747
First Active: Regular Saver (Discuss)

7.15% Regular lodgements required (standing order only): Minimum €1 a month; Maximum €1000. Interest paid on first working day of each quarter. Maximum balance €100,000. Online access to account. Optional ATM card.

I thought it was paid montly.

Back