FA/UB tracker question

Nicolafk

Hi looking for bit of advice i took out my mortgage over 35 years in middle of 2008 started of fixed 5.2% for 5 years then was to be ECB +1.15%.
I paid €6000 penalty in may 2009 to come off fixed rate and was put on SVR 3.85% repayments went up €10 and term of mortgage was reduced by 10 years, was not offered the tracker rate which would of allowed me still reduce the term and rate would of been 2.2% roughly.
Ive rang UB and i am getting no were wont even tell me if my mortgage is included in there investigations.
Any advice as to whether im right in thinking i should of been offered tracker??
Thanx

Hi Nicola

It would depend on the wording of the contract and the wording of the document you signed when you broke the fixed rate.

There is no need for you to worry about it now. Wait until you hear whether or not you are included in the Review.

If you are not, then you probably need to talk to Padraic Kissane who will go through your papers.

Heya brendan thanx for reply ive asked for copy of paper work from 2009 as they told me on the phone that they could see nothing on computer as it wouldn allow them go back that far on the system it was 3 weeks ago still haven recieved anythin id just love to know as i was involved in MARP process for 4 years fixed for 3 of them years at 1% which would only of been .15% under my actual mortgage if on tracker

Back