External Boiler

LByrne

I am buying a new house and upon viewing the boiler is outside but needs to be replaced.. How much am I looking at to get a new outdoor oil boiler, house is approx. 2000 sq feet 4 bedroom.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

I replaced an old oil burner for a condensing oil boiler a number of years ago. I've a dormer, around1800sq ft, all double rads within the house - 12 radiators in all. I went with this [broken link removed]model. Also got the heating & water zoned at the time, automatic valves etc, a few replacement rads (purchased myself), thermostatic vales - all in, it was around the €3,400 plus a bit.

There is a calculator for the BTU size of the boiler versus the number of rads, square footage etc.. The one I got installed was the "Popular 26-35kW". Every year, I get it serviced... and so far, all is working well.

Other options are for Grant boilers - similar very good feedback as per firebird, when I was looking at the time - assume a similar price for the boilers themselves.

Also, check if you qualify for a grant at the [broken link removed]

Boiler will be about 1800 - 2000 plus installation costs.

If house is not zoned, best to get new controls.

All in anywhere from 3k to 5k.

Call to a local plumbing supply place and ask them to recommend a plumber. I used plumbfix in Naas (also Portlaoise) and very happy with their recommendation of boiler (grant vortex) and plumber.

Back