Ex-husband claims welfare

J

JAcqq

My 13 year daughter lives with me, my ex and I are going thruogh divorce, but proceedings slowed down. He refused to pay me the 100 euro per week I asked for, PLUS he has been collecting her child benefit for years , becuase the kids used to live with him, but the youngest, has been with me for 7 years, yet he never stopped collecting. He is now saying he has her 50% of time and shares expences,This is so not true, occasionally he'll buy her something. But other thatn that she spends MAXIMUM 2 nights a week with him. How can I possibly prove to welfare, that he shouldnt be getting it, that I should, I cant afford a camera to video it all, though I wish I could. Im so frustrated.Its only in the last year Ive had to ask for money, becuase of a change in circumstances. Hes gotten away paying nothing for years, plus making a profit , with the child benefit.Hes also living in a corporation house, with his partner they both earn between them about 12oo e per week, yet hes told corporation my daughter lives with them.My rent is !13oo per month.He pays 100 for a three bedroom house in ballyfermot, him her no kids, while familys are on waiting lists.

Please help, someone.

Thanks

Jacq.

Re: Exhusband claims welfare

Can a father claim child benefit even if he has the kids? I thought it was usually paid to the mother?

Can a father claim child benefit even if he has the kids? I thought it was usually paid to the mother?
CB can be paid to the father in some circumstances.

Who can claim Child Benefit?
2. Who can claim Child Benefit?

Child Benefit is normally paid to the child's mother or step-mother. If the child does not live with their mother or step-mother but, lives with their father or step-father Child Benefit may be paid to them.

If the child is not living with or being maintained by their parents, the person caring for the child may get Child Benefit. You may nominate someone else to get Child Benefit for you if you like.

My 13 year daughter lives with me, my ex and I are going thruogh divorce, but proceedings slowed down. He refused to pay me the 100 euro per week I asked for, PLUS he has been collecting her child benefit for years , becuase the kids used to live with him, but the youngest, has been with me for 7 years, yet he never stopped collecting. He is now saying he has her 50% of time and shares expences,This is so not true, occasionally he'll buy her something. But other thatn that she spends MAXIMUM 2 nights a week with him. How can I possibly prove to welfare, that he shouldnt be getting it, that I should, I cant afford a camera to video it all, though I wish I could. Im so frustrated.Its only in the last year Ive had to ask for money, becuase of a change in circumstances. Hes gotten away paying nothing for years, plus making a profit , with the child benefit.Hes also living in a corporation house, with his partner they both earn between them about 12oo e per week, yet hes told corporation my daughter lives with them.My rent is !13oo per month.He pays 100 for a three bedroom house in ballyfermot, him her no kids, while familys are on waiting lists.
Have you tried your local Citizens Informtion Centre for advice? Do you have a solicitor for the divorce proceedings? If so perhaps s/he can advise? What is your priority here? Getting money from him or elsewhere to pay your rent etc? Reporting any alleged welfare fraud on his part? Getting CB on behalf of your kids? Is he also claiming the early childcare supplement payment of €250 per quarter or are the kids over 6 at this stage?

only one child is dependent now, the other is 22 this month . I believe child benefit is supposed to go to the parent /gaurdian the child resides with most, which is me.
I irks me that, he has all these benefits, like cheap rent,on a fraudulent basis, and that hes been claiming money that should be used for her daily needs.Teenagers can get expensive.
Anyway I am going to apply to them and tell them my side, Ive kept a diary of times he has had her, it usually works out one night a week.Plus, ive always been the one whos brought her to dr, and Im also going to get statement from doctor, saying ive always been one who took her for treatment and paid. I can only try.
Thanks all for help , suggestions.

Jacqq.

Jacq

Contact the Child Benefit Section immediately and get the payment stopped - Telephone: 1890 400 400 (from within the Republic of Ireland).

Your ex-husband should have told the CB section about the change in circumstances.
'Changes of Circumstances

The customer must notify the Department of any changes in circumstances which may affect their entitlement. A list of such circumstances is included in the order book and the customer's signature on the payment book is to the effect that s/he has read and fully understands these instructions and obligations.'

This is taken from http://www.welfare.ie/foi/childben.html#part3

He may be asked to repay the amount of Child Benefit he received when he wasn't actually eligible for it.

Busymam,thanks SO much for that number. I will call them this morning, I also downloaded form for the Child Benefit.
I spoke with my solicitor this morning, she is going ahead processing the order for maintenence, could be october before we in court, but its something.
She also reckons he must have done a self help group in quickie divorces, becuase all his terminology was wrong.

Thanks a million for the help, its much appreciated. My head felt like it was melting.You know the feeling where you want to scream but no one is hearing you LOL

Back