ETF Broker

Charttrader
What is situation with IB regarding stamp duty
1) DO they deduct 1% for traders in Ireland ,or do you have to declare yourself in tax returns
2) Does this apply to all trades even daytrades?
3) Are they correct that in Ireland etf have same stamp duty as equities
Regards
Patt

Patt
You only pay stamp duty on stocks on Irish stock exchange and IB does not offer ISEQ trading. Irish traders with US trading accounts (IB, etrade, whoever) do not have to pay any stamp duty. UK and many European exchanges have SD charges, albeit smaller than Ireland's. If you did daytrade an ISEQ stock, you would have to cough up the 1% (unless you're spread betting/cfd trading).

Regarding etfs, I know that the ISEQ 20 does not attract any SD.

As we are talking about ETFs , does anybody know an online broker that sells AXA EasyETF GSCI Fund.

Can,t get it in KEYTRADE.

I know this is an old thread, but I am looking to open up an account to buy 4 or 5 ETFs next month with a lump sum, and possibly drip feed funds into them over the next 12 months.

Can anyone recommend the best broker?

Keytrade and Interactive Brokers seem to be the best options according to this thread, but there may have been new entrants since the last post in this thread (I think NIB may have come in with a competitive service).

Any recommendations appreciated.

I know this is an old thread, but I am looking to open up an account to buy 4 or 5 ETFs next month with a lump sum, and possibly drip feed funds into them over the next 12 months.

Can anyone recommend the best broker?

Keytrade and Interactive Brokers seem to be the best options according to this thread, but there may have been new entrants since the last post in this thread (I think NIB may have come in with a competitive service).

Any recommendations appreciated.

No takers?

Back