Envelope missing from Aer lingus checked bag.

Mapara

Just wondering how to follow up the below situation.

A family member checked in a bag at Dublin on a trans Atlantic Aer Lingus flight and a couple of days after arriving in the US noticed an envelope was missing that contained some cash.
It was initially planned to take this bag on board with them but at check in it was checked at the last minute.
It was with other envelopes which all contained greeting cards and arrived intact with cash in only this one that is missing.

Has anyone else experienced anything li like this while travelling through Dublin or knows how or who to make a complaint too.

You can report it to Aer Lingus and they might have a look at CCTV.

But it seems silly to leave cash in a checked-in bag.

Brendan

Wasn’t there issues with stuff going missing in Dublin airport over the last couple of years and they done some sort of investigation into it if my memory serves me right.

a couple of days after arriving in the US noticed an envelope was missing that contained some cash.

The more I think of this, the more odd it becomes.

He put an envelope of cash in a checked in bag.
Left the bag somewhere for a few days.
Didn't bother checking the envelope for the cash.

It seems more likely to have been taken in the few days after he arrived in America.

Brendan

You can report it to Aer Lingus and they might have a look at CCTV.

But it seems silly to leave cash in a checked-in bag.

Brendan
These things happen. Most people are trustful of others. All of us make mistakes and we learn from such. It wasn't silly to leave cash in a checked-in bag, it was just a mistake. My advice is to put down to experience and learn from the error.

These things happen. Most people are trustful of others. All of us make mistakes and we learn from such. It wasn't silly to leave cash in a checked-in bag, it was just a mistake. My advice is to put down to experience and learn from the error.
I think I read reports of people in similar situation - they hadn't intended to check in the bag but had to because of capacity on the plane. In the rush they forgot to remove jewellery from the checked bag, which then disappeared.

No one will re-imburse you for stolen cash. Same for insurance.

It's worth reporting to Aer Lingus so they can help catch the perpetrator if there is a pattern.

Law enforcement in both places will have zero interest unless the airline or baggage handling comes to them with CCTV evidence.

Just wondering how to follow up the below situation.

A family member checked in a bag at Dublin on a trans Atlantic Aer Lingus flight and a couple of days after arriving in the US noticed an envelope was missing that contained some cash.
It was initially planned to take this bag on board with them but at check in it was checked at the last minute.
It was with other envelopes which all contained greeting cards and arrived intact with cash in only this one that is missing.

Has anyone else experienced anything li like this while travelling through Dublin or knows how or who to make a complaint too.

Was there a lot of money that went missing?

I agree with fellow Corkonian Leper. We all make mistakes which in the fulness of time we would admit were foolish, naive or silly
While this story relates to looking after cash, many of us are foolish in the way we protect our identity and hence money from cyber crime, which can be devastating for the victim.
If we were so perfect, these various human parasites would not exist
We are human after all!

Was there a lot of money that went missing?
There was approximately €750 in the envelope,and in hindsight it was a silly thing to put in in a checked bag, but initially this bag was to be hand luggage and due to the plane being at max capacity it was checked at the last minute.

There was approximately €750 in the envelope,and in hindsight it was a silly thing to put in in a checked bag, but initially this bag was to be hand luggage and due to the plane being at max capacity it was checked at the last minute.

Sorry to hear that, its quite a sum of money to have stolen. I hate travelling and find it quite stressful so can understand how the money could be forgotten about in the rush at check-in. As the fella says 'hindsight is a marvellous thing' :)

Back