electric shower, not great as weather cools water tank in attic - options

tedcrilly

Hi

Hoping for some advice, I have an electric shower fed from main tank, which is located only a few feet 2-3 feet above in the attic.

In the summer with generally warmer weather all is okay, but as the nights cool so those the water in the tank in the attic.

Adjusting the shower to get any kind of hot water from the shower in the autumn/winter the pressure coming out of the reduces to very little.

I know this is mainly because the water coming into it is colder so it takes longer to heat it to the required temperature which results in lower pressure.

I need to improve the insulation in the attic and I know can wrap the tank but is there anything else I can do ?

Anybody else have this issue? should I be looking at a better electric shower (currently a redring, that came with the house)

I heard Dimplex advertising some showers that work with low pressure -

open to any ideas.

thanks

TC

When insulating the attic make sure there is a cover on the tank and insulate around and on top of it while making sure there is no insulation under the tank to allow any heat that rises to prevent the tank from freezing and keeping the temperature as high as possible. Not a cure all for the problem of the shower needing more power to generate hot water but a start.

Back