EBS increase regular saver rate to 3.00% AER fixed

I think this deserves its own thread.

EBS have increased their Family Saver regular saver rate to 3.00% AER fixed (fixed for 1 year) effective October 2015.

With it getting more and more difficult to earn a decent return from savings, this stands out as being a great offer for anyone looking for a bank for a year for regular savings.

Sweet, havent seen an "ABC has increased saver rate" thread in a long time! I

Sweet, havent seen an "ABC has increased saver rate" thread in a long time! I

I done a bit of a double take when I seen the title first. If you plan on keeping the account longer than a year, you're probably still better putting your money into the KBC account as it will earn 2.5% after the first year (assuming the rate is unchanged) on the initial 12 months of contributions and any further contributions.

tes but only 7 months ago kbc regular saver was ať 3.5 % There has been a 1% drop since then léts Hope IT doesnt drop again

were is thé link

Not yet on the EBS website. Email said effective 5 October 2015, however all prior EBS changes that I can remember were effective the 1st of each month so the new rate will either be announced tomorrow or Monday.

For anyone good at maths: -

If you lodged €1000 for the 12 months at 3% interest rate, how much would you have earned when the account matures?

By my calculations, you would end up earning €227.49 in interest, €134.22 after DIRT.

Better than a kick in the pants but hardly life changing!

Not yet on the EBS website, assume the new rate applies from 5 October 2015 as per a notification email.

KBC now going down to 2%, applies from 12 October 2015.

Defo time to open this EBS 3% account I think

KBC now going down to 2%, applies from 12 October 2015.

Defo time to open this EBS 3% account I think.
I think this is the second cut of .5% by KBC on this same account in the past couple of weeks. Quite unusual.

Last edited:
I think this is the second cut of .5% by KBC on this same account in the past couple of week. Quite unusual

Yeah, second drop.

KBC are price matching their current account regular saver package offer with the market leading rate, at Nationwide UK (Ireland), which dropped 1.00% in recent weeks.

Back