Ear Wax

U

Unregistered

Anyone got any suggestions for removing ear wax? I don't like using the drops as I'm always deaf for days afterwards! I'm going to get my ears syringed but I gotta soften it up first somehow. I thought I saw an ad for some new product but can't remember what it was...

Thanks

the old-fashioned way is to soften it with oil (cooking oil, olive oil) - use at room temperature. Unless you mean these oil drops leave you deaf? The residue is supposed to go down your Eustacian tube (tube connecting your ear passage with your gut) so maybe you're more blocked than you think.

The special ear drops that come in a little bottle always leave me deaf for a few days before they work. I'm sure I saw an ad on TV recently for something to remove ear wax (not drops) but can't remember what it was...

The product you are thinking of is Audiclean, available in Boots, and probably other pharmacies also. It's great!

Try the health food shops for Ear candles, you lite the eng of these, insert into your ear and relax for a few minutes, the head draws the wax from the ear...

Unregistered said:
Try the health food shops for Ear candles, you lite the eng of these, insert into your ear and relax for a few minutes, the head draws the wax from the ear...

Really?

What date is today?

Yep, thought so.

Used audiclean last night - and just like ear drops I cant now hear a feckin thing out of my ear! Off to get syringed...

Back