Dublin City Council to reduce Affordable Housing Prices

Hi All,
Im intrested, has anyone who has already signed a contract with dcc been successful getting clawback or asking price reduced?

Hi Emma1980,

They agreed to reduce the clawback which is great. But wont reduce the price as I have already signed my contract.

Hi Kurby,

I got my clawback reduced after signing contract so give them a call. The clawback amount is not included in the contract that's why you can get it reduced. Ask them for a revaluation, its worth a try and could make a big difference.

Good luck!

Hi FTB1975,

Sorry its not working out for you. You would think that they would reduce the apt by 8k to get you to buy.

Would you not consider buying on the open market? Would you consider waiting and perhaps buying in a years time? I know its hard but to be honest I never realised that the prices would drop by such a big amount. If I were in your shoes I would definitely wait. I was always in favour of affordable housing until now. The affordable was great when you were getting a huge discount but its not like that now.

Hope everything works out for you. Let us know what you decide.

I think one of you was buying in Royal Canal - I pulled out the other day but had DCC onto me today apologising and saying that the prices were being reduced from €260,000 to €245,000 (for 2 bed) and would I still be interested. Apparently they only found out today ..... I am going to buy privately just dont want the hassle of them and their clawback

I think one of you was buying in Royal Canal - I pulled out the other day but had DCC onto me today apologising and saying that the prices were being reduced from €260,000 to €245,000 (for 2 bed) and would I still be interested. Apparently they only found out today ..... I am going to buy privately just dont want the hassle of them and their clawback

At what stage were you in the process, had you signed contracts or just paid a booking deposit?

just at the booking deposit stage - i have paid that and done the first snag
but that was back in August I think yonks ago

hi dublingirl

i'm thinking of backing out today. have you had any problems getting your deposit back?

i haven't heard anything about Quarry Road but i'll try to get throught to DCC after lunch. from what i'm reading on other forums DCC are only reducing prices by about 15k!

Back