Dublin Airport Family Taxi

imalwayshappy

Hi

I am looking to get a taxi to Dublin airport for a family of 5 (youngest 6 months old). What are the options for a taxis? I rang an advertised "family taxi" company but they are not coming back to me. A regular taxi company told me that they cant guarantee a taxi at the time I am looking for (useless as we have to catch a flight).

Any other ideas? I am not paying for parking at Dublin airport given the cost (we are gone for 6 weeks)

Thanks

This is the best option as even if the taxi cancels they will automatically assign a new driver.

We have had groups of 4/5 in the past and had to split into 2 taxis because of luggage.
Thanks I would just be afraid of a no show etc but it looks like a good option. Would they be alright taking 4 people with a baby on the lap (5 in total). The baby wouldn't obviously sit on their own.

Do you have any friend living close that could pick up your car from the Airport? If you've a spare key, give it to them, drive yourself to airport, and park in short term parking and they pick up the car later. You've the safety of your own baby seats, etc. Just remember to leave your parking ticket in the car if they need it to exit.

. Would they be alright taking 4 people with a baby on the lap (5 in total). The baby wouldn't obviously sit on their own.
They shouldn’t be. It’s illegal

Do you have any friend living close that could pick up your car from the Airport? If you've a spare key, give it to them, drive yourself to airport, and park in short term parking and they pick up the car later. You've the safety of your own baby seats, etc. Just remember to leave your parking ticket in the car if they need it to exit.
No one available I'm afraid! Are you free by any chance??????? ;)

They shouldn’t be. It’s illegal

No it should actually be OK. Last paragraph below.

Travelling in taxis​

Taxi drivers don't have to supply child car seats. They are exempt by law. But some taxi companies do provide car seats if you request them. You should check with the taxi company or use one that can provide you with a car seat.

Otherwise, bringing your own car seat and fitting it correctly will keep your child safe when travelling in a taxi.

You can carry a child under 3 years of age while sitting on a back seat of a taxi as long as you are wearing a seat belt. You should wear the seat belt around your child. But it is safer to use a car seat if you can.

No it should actually be OK. Last paragraph below.

Travelling in taxis​

Taxi drivers don't have to supply child car seats. They are exempt by law. But some taxi companies do provide car seats if you request them. You should check with the taxi company or use one that can provide you with a car seat.

Otherwise, bringing your own car seat and fitting it correctly will keep your child safe when travelling in a taxi.

You can carry a child under 3 years of age while sitting on a back seat of a taxi as long as you are wearing a seat belt. You should wear the seat belt around your child. But it is safer to use a car seat if you can.
My bad. Missed that. Seems ludicrous they are exempt. Highly unsafe. Bring your own car seat in the taxi. They are normally free to check in at airport.

Any other ideas? I am not paying for parking at Dublin airport given the cost (we are gone for 6 weeks)
Why not hire a car the day before in Dublin airport? Cost about €40 for a day for a small car. (A seven seater would cost nearly €200)

If you had another driver that was insured on your car, you could go out to the airport the day before, possibly check your luggage, pick up the hired car and have a friend drive yours home. The five of you could then travel together on the day of the flight.

Alternatively, you could make two runs the day of the flight- the first with your family and then with the luggage.

Not completely easy or stress free but hey! That’s family holidays!

Hi

I am looking to get a taxi to Dublin airport for a family of 5 (youngest 6 months old). What are the options for a taxis? I rang an advertised "family taxi" company but they are not coming back to me. A regular taxi company told me that they cant guarantee a taxi at the time I am looking for (useless as we have to catch a flight).

Thanks
Where are you going from?

You might get better luck contacting a company offering "Private Transfers" to get you there, with a baby seat. That's what we normally do when travelling to the continent, in order to guarantee a baby seat is available. Practically, these are hackneys rather than taxis.

Back