Donegal - Annagary.

BOXtheFOX

Has anyone ever stayed at the Caislean an Oir hotel in Donegal? There are only three basic reviews on Tripadvisor and little else. Would anyone have a website address?

Here's the website [broken link removed] Haven't stayed there or even been in for a drink but pass it regularly when on hols. It seems to be very popular with Northern Ireland people.

its not a very big hotel, rooms are nice, no leisure facilities,food good and wholesome, i think you can book weekend packages which include return flight to donegal airport at carrickfin which is 2 miles away.blue flag beach at carrickfin is one of the nicest in the country. if its pampering you want a better option would be 'an chuirt' 5 miles further on in gweedore. they have brand new pool and leisure centre and spa

Thanks for that info. Any other nice hotels along that stretch of coast? I'm trying to get somewhere fairly central so that I can explore the whole area. Not big into pampering and don't use swimming pools that can sometimes push up the price of the stay.

It will be fairly wild and windy up there this time of the year.

I've only stayed in [broken link removed]a long long time ago and it wasn't great then. It has changed hands a few times since so it might have improved.

Ate and swam in the Ostan Gweedore which was nice enough also.

I see from the history of your first hotel that the owners used to manage Teach Jack (pub) which we ate in once and it was nice enough. Caislean is also a busy spot in summer so must be good value. As you don't appear to want anything too fancy it might be worth a try.

Don't know too much about Daniel's ol' haunt :) Viking House.

[broken link removed] in Gweedore is nice also-doesn't have the seaside setting, but is convenient to Carrickfin.

Back