Donabate

commute time from donabate to city

just wondering how long it takes to commute from donabate to city. We are looking at portrane/donabate for house. We are currently renting in south city -Rathmines and i suppose have been a bit spoilt in that we can be in work in 30 mins.
Will the commute from Donabate kill us????

Depends where you're commuting to (if it will kill you that is), can you use the train or need to drive, times of work starting etc. I use the train and work near GCD and the commute is fine.

I work in Docklands and my partner works in Raheny. He would prefer to drive but I figure train would be easier for me as we work different hours. Is the train reliable? I've read old posts here about long delays. Does that still apply?

I work in Docklands and my partner works in Raheny. He would prefer to drive but I figure train would be easier for me as we work different hours. Is the train reliable? I've read old posts here about long delays. Does that still apply?

Its as reliable as Irish Rail can be! Honestly it's grand. There is also a bus that leaves Portrane at 7.30 am and would have you in the IFSC at 8-8:10.

Train goes to Connolly (i.e. not Docklands station) and doesn't (AFAIK ?) stop in Raheny. I think it stops in Howth Junction/Donaghmede and, from there, he could hop on a DART for the 2 stops to Raheny.

Thanks for all the info.Will do a recki myself. Find it v difficult to get up any earlier than 8am!!

Back