Do I qualify for OPFP

Zarax20

Hi everyone I'm new here so sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread but could really do with some advice.I am living at home with my parents and my 1 year old child.I am on JSA at the moment and have been searching non stop for a job to no avail.My 'Partner' and I use that term very loosely and explain why He lives with his parents and works full time.I get no financial support from this man whatsoever not a single penny and am left providing for OUR child all on my own..this has obviously put massive strain on our relationship.What I'm wondering is do I qualify for OPFP??Why I'm asking is because I have recently been invited to a meeting with jobpath and have been doing research into it.I live in a very rural part of the country and there is no public transport near me.If it was a job I would obviously be able to afford to pay €30 or more to pay for taxi as this is how much it would cost and that's not including childchild.I know if I can't participate I will be cut off and literally have no money to provide for my child but I really don't know how I'm going to afford going in and out of this place 2 or 3 times a week please can anybody offer some advice?

Back