Do I need to disclose disposal of shares at a loss?

DublinHead54

Hi,

I currently have to file Form 11 (Income Tax) but I am a paye employee. I disposed of shares in 2022 at a loss of x EUR, do I need to disclose this in Form 11 that I will submit in Oct 2023 in order to carry forward the loss for shares sold for profit in future? Or do I need to submit a CGT form?

Similarly do I need to disclose shares that were sold for profit in previous years if the profit was less than the allowable CGT exemption?

Hi,

I currently have to file Form 11 (Income Tax) but I am a paye employee. I disposed of shares in 2022 at a loss of x EUR, do I need to disclose this in Form 11 that I will submit in Oct 2023 in order to carry forward the loss for shares sold for profit in future? Or do I need to submit a CGT form?

Similarly do I need to disclose shares that were sold for profit in previous years if the profit was less than the allowable CGT exemption?
The form 11 contains a CGT section so you can declare your losses there. You should have technically filed a CG1 for those other years where your gains were covered by the annual exemption.

Back