Disposal of small number of shares

KOW

Following Elan takeover I have a small number of shares in Prothena Corp. PLC. Computershare send me out annual statement of holding. How can I dispose of said shares. Do I have to sell through Computershare or do I have another option. Thanks in advance.

I cant remember exactly what they are charging but previously I could not believe how costly they were.

Used to be that some charities would take small numbers of shares that were uneconomical to sell by normal means but I don't know if anybody is doing it these days.

Thanks folks. When Elan was bought out is a company like Computershare nominated during the process to hold the shares or how does the system work in simple terms.

I have an actual share cert for 100 Ge Shares value circa$3000.
Can anyone advise me how to sell them ? please.

Hi Gerry, just to confirm you have an actual share cert? Does it have what's called a CREST Transfer Form on the back?

Gerard, Thanks for coming back.

I do hold actual cert , stamped ,embossed etc .Has on back place to sign to have (someone) sell for me.
Half my issue is, since they are USA shares does that complicate ? and who do I go to to sell them ?

Hi Gerry, do you get any regular correspondence from the company? The reason I ask is that the share cert you have may actually be out of date becasue as far I know they have moved all shareholders to their online system. If so, you should have been provided with an SRN number and you could ring the company directly and sell the shares that way.

Back