Disability benefit

Johnsmith2016

My son suffers from social anxiety and depression and is on meds and getting therapy he was on jobseekers but was put off as he was not able to go to interviews.He applied for disability and is on supplementary allowance now but he recieved letter today turning down disability.
He can appeal within 21 days but my question is if his appeal is rejected what other options has he.He is living with us and has no savings.

He can remain on Supplementary Welfare Allowance if the appeal is not successful.

My son suffers from social anxiety and depression and is on meds and getting therapy he was on jobseekers but was put off as he was not able to go to interviews.He applied for disability and is on supplementary allowance now but he recieved letter today turning down disability.
He can appeal within 21 days but my question is if his appeal is rejected what other options has he.He is living with us and has no savings.

The next option is the Ombudsman.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/e...d_accountability/office_of_the_ombudsman.html

Back