DIRT refund for FTBs

sinky

Hello all,

I recently bought a house and I had saved my deposit over the past while and moved my money around a lot chasing interest rates. Is there a standard way to get a DIRT statement from banks or how do I request them? I think it's going to be difficult to calculate because of the different annual rates, different banks and only a proportion of my savings are eligible - 20% of the house price.

Thanks,
S.

each and every deposit account has to show the interest paid and the dirt deducted at a minimum of once a year or on account closing.
Some pay quarterly so its posted on the statement each quarter.

get the relevant statements, either paper or online and do the math, its not hard.

I don't know what the rules were but is just time and capital apportionment so as you are only claiming for the correct period with the correct amount:
eg u had 200k on deposit but only 100 went to house, so 100/200 of the interest is relevant.

suppose the relevant interest was 660 euro and the deposit was for 3 years but only 2 years was allowed, then 440 is the relevant, time apportioned interest.

The problem is that there were chunks of withdrawals and deposits from a variety of accounts so what would they take as the initial amount on deposit? The initial or closing amount? The avg of initial & closing? The greatest/ least balance. They were all on demand accounts so it wasn't a lump sum.

Back