Director of Limited Company-state pension entitlements?

Tweety

Hi,

My husband has recently set up his own Limited Company and we are both directors. I am employed under PAYE separately so I know I will be entitled to a State Pension. Will my husband be entitled to a state pension when he is a director?

Re: Director of Limited Company-pension entitlements?

My husband has recently set up his own Limited Company and we are both directors. I am employed under PAYE separately so I know I will be entitled to a State Pension

Are you sure about that. See here See 5 "Limited Companies and partnerships"

I am a director in my husbands company but I am employed under PAYE in a completely separate job so I am paying Class A contribution in this employment. Surely this will entitle me to a state pension????

Sorry I misread the original post.
I don't think your husband is entitled to the state pension as he is a director and will pay PRSI at class

WIFE
If you have been employed in your PAYE job you will be entitled to your pension in your own right regagdless of what else either you or your husband do.

HUSBAND
Class S PRSI covers the Self-employed and some Company Directors and provides Old Age pension depending sufficient payments being made.Class S is paid yearly.

Also what did you do before you became a Company Director. Any PRSI payments you have already made will go towards your Pension.

N

Back