Dire January blues

credit cards

I would definitely consider transferring your CC balances onto a CC card which charges 0% interest on balance transfers, if you can find one.

I came back from a year's travelling this time last year with no money and got a CC with 0% interest on new purchases for 6 months. It saved my ass I can tell you - and by the end of 6 months I had gotten it together and was able to pay off the balance. But I was very careful with money.

I don't mean to criticise but I don't understand how people who are obviously in responsible jobs and earning these really good salaries don't seem to be able to manage their own credit card. Do they just ignore it?

Re: credit cards

got a CC with 0% interest on new purchases for 6 months

Are such offers still available? I thought that most or all low/no interest offers applied only to transferred balances only and not to new purchases. As I've said before with many of these cards repayments are credited against the outstanding balance first so, in effect, any new purchases are incurring the normal rate of interest as long as there is any outstanding balance.

(Update: my mistake - I see from the best buys list that some of these offers apply low or no interest to balance transfes AND new purchases for a limited period of time).

www.askaboutmoney.com/clu...EDIT_CARDS

Back