Difficulties with ROS

44brendan

I'm looking for assistance from some regular users of ROS.
I have taken on the task of completing the tax return for a relation whos has a low level of trading income. 2010 was his first yer in trade. I registered with ROS in 2011 and completed the online return. Due to procrastination from him, I only recently received is 2011 trading info and completed an income statement. I tried accessing ROS, but the system refused me access, stating that I do not have permission to access my certificate history.
My 2 questions are:
1. Can I do anything about this error message or must I go through the whole process of registering him again?
2. As deadline is the 16th, what are the ramifications for him of missing this deadline? (No tax is payable for 2011 and he should be due a refund based on preliminary tax paid last year). He has now ceased trading!

Brendan, the deadline is the 15th

Can't really help with the rest sorry. Maybe try the helpdesk on 1890 201 106

It might be obvious, but is it the same computer that you used last year?

The Revenue digital certificate is loaded on the hard drive, and needs to be transferred if using a different computer.

It might be obvious, but is it the same computer that you used last year?

The Revenue digital certificate is loaded on the hard drive, and needs to be transferred if using a different computer.

It may well have been a different computer. I'll check the hard drives on each.

The ROS certificate password has to be renewed each year, so it may well have expired.

I don't think you should panic. There would be a penalty of 5% of the liability if the return goes in less than 2 months late, but you say there is no liability.
Late returns might set off a red flag as counting towards a future audit, but you say the turnover is very low and your relative has now ceased trading.

@44brendan - as a few have said ring the ROS helpdesk. You have tomorrow as well. They will do what they can and it might be solveable. They may also be able to give you the 'dog ate my homework' email. And unless you are dealing with DUBLIN SOUTH - the reasonable responsible revenue person - they do exist - may help out. Give up and your done.

Back