Motor different premium for different car makes

lipso

Is there much of a difference between car insurance premiums for different makes of car, eg between a ford and a toyota?

Hi... Depends on the models of those makes of car... so it's difficult to compare like with like... each "model", then "type" are classed according to different criteria & associated risk of insuring a specific person on those cars... generally for those "similar" type cars... toyota corolla v ford focus... shouldn't be much difference... but again would depend on the engine size, value, etc...

standard type cars are rated on engine size (CC). If there is any non standard or sporty addition, then they can differ.

Yeah not so all the time. Did a quote for my wife before and a 1200cc VW polo was costing more than a 1500cc Nissan Almera.

Its for a 1999 toyota corolla 1.3 (1332cc) and a 2001 ford focus 1.4 basic model (engine is 1391cc I think) - I always thought that toyota always had a higher insurance rating than say ford, vauxhall?

This is a very simple question to answer...Go on a car insurance website and put the info for both cars in and hey presto your questions is answered!

Definitely depends on the model make and type of that car.

Definitely depends on the model make and type of that car.
Could anyone tell what small car would be easist insured for a provisional licence holder aged 19-21 (2 kids)? Willing to spend about €5,000 max.

Back