Didn't get my letter from Ulster Bank today

Gen360, I only started getting these ' update' letters once I had written to UB to ask them for an update, a couple of months ago. Similar to yourself, we had already gone down the complaint route with the Bank and then to the FSO, and that case was then put aside once the CB review came into play. So we've had plenty of correspondence with UB about our mortgage but they didn't contact us to say we were included in the mortgage examination until we wrote to them. I knew we were included since early last year, as I phoned to ask, but as I say, were only receiving the 60 day update letters since we started writing to them.

Thanks BlueSky. I'll send them a letter and see what comes back. Calling them just gets the standard response.

Hi all, new to posting but have been watching the tread with interest. Im similar to a lot in that i was on an UB tracker from 2004 to 2007. Fixed in 2007 and was not offered tracker in 2010. I just rang UB to confirm interest rate and amount due on 1st Feb and was told Im back on tracker and have a reduced payment rate in Feb. No letter received yet in post.
So looks like the next batch have been processed so anyone waiting on a letter, its worth while ringing the mortgage centre to check your Feb payment amount and interest rate

I have an interesting one - I got a mortgage with UB in 2005, fixed half the mortgage in 2007 for 2 years, kept the other half on a tracker (I was overpaying it). Put on SVR when fixed period ends. However, in the period, I moved out of the apartment and started letting it out. Never informed the bank, but am fully tax compliant (registered with PRTB, annual returns, TRS terminated, NPPR paid, etc).

So - do you think I will be part of this review? I am concerned about contacting UB about it in case they kick me off tracker that remains on half my mortgage.

My other question is in relation to tax, if I get a redress, I will have essentially over-claimed Interest as an expense on my tax returns for 2009-2016. Will I need to get in touch with revenue to pay additional tax?

Thanks for the updates.

As I understood it, the central bank enforcement related to former FA customers (such as myself).....so I cannot undestand why there seems to be no action on the FA cases yet.

Last edited:
Just rang to check if my payments would be changing for February, surprise surprise.......No. I did get transferred from department to department to find out why and got to do some venting with the poor people on the line before being sent to the tracker investigation team to be told the usual line....you'll get a letter when you have been identified as being impacted. At least I got to vent.

Hi new to this but following thread. We are in same boat with ulster bank. We we never offered out tracker rate in 2007 so we fixed for 5 years only to be offered it it 2012. We wrote to FSO but got nowhere yet a few months later this scandal broke. We didn't do anymore as we're watching to see what happens but now I'm thinking we need to bring it up again. My question is do we write directly to ulster bank or central bank? Anyone able to advise me. Thanks

Back