Detailed calculations for capital gains tax

Iamyourfriend

Howdy fellas,

I submitted my cg1 form and revenue asked for a detailed breakdown. How much detail do they need? I just sold everything at the end of the year to simplify my taxes (final money-initial money). Do they need a specific format or a form filled out? Do they accept excel files? I have the sales and buys history downloaded into csv files, should I just print them off and send them? If I print them off they will have to calculate everything themselves on paper (100s of sales and buys, very tedious), or just accept the final figures from sum functions in excel.

Thanks partners.

Howdy fellas,

I submitted my cg1 form and revenue asked for a detailed breakdown. How much detail do they need? I just sold everything at the end of the year to simplify my taxes (final money-initial money). Do they need a specific format or a form filled out? Do they accept excel files? I have the sales and buys history downloaded into csv files, should I just print them off and send them? If I print them off they will have to calculate everything themselves on paper (100s of sales and buys, very tedious), or just accept the final figures from sum functions in excel.

Thanks partners.

Send the excel file via MyEnquiries as all your calculations will be there. If there are hundreds of sales and buys are you actually trading?

Thanks, I will look into the MyEnquires thing.

I don't think I was trading, no, though I never found any clear guidance on when it all becomes trading. I never bought anything with the intention to make a quick buck so I'm happy in my own mind that I wasn't.

Back