Deregister with ROS/Cease Income Tax

JimmyCorkhill

Hi, last minute.com question.
In previous tax years I had to complete a RTSO1 form and submit a Form 11 via ROS as I was getting discounted shares from an old employer.

I have since left that employer & would not have received any shares in 2022, so I probably should not be submitting a Form 11.

At this late stage, is it possible to deregister with ROS so they are not expecting a Form 11 submission for me?

Any other non salary income in 2022 would be DIRT and thats about it.

Can I then submit a basic tax return incl. any medical expenses via myaccount on Revenue site?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, last minute.com question.
In previous tax years I had to complete a RTSO1 form and submit a Form 11 via ROS as I was getting discounted shares from an old employer.

I have since left that employer & would not have received any shares in 2022, so I probably should not be submitting a Form 11.

At this late stage, is it possible to deregister with ROS so they are not expecting a Form 11 submission for me?

Any other non salary income in 2022 would be DIRT and thats about it.

Can I then submit a basic tax return incl. any medical expenses via myaccount on Revenue site?

Thanks
You need to deregister first. Ensure you end date is 31/12/2021 if you weren't ba chargeable person in 2022. Once is processed, you should be able to file a normal tax return via your Revenue Myaccount for 2022.

You need to deregister first. Ensure you end date is 31/12/2021 if you weren't ba chargeable person in 2022. Once is processed, you should be able to file a normal tax return via your Revenue Myaccount for 2022.

Thank you very helpful.

Have another issue now, cant find bac certificate to login to ROS, probably on old laptop :(

When I log into myaccount I can go to Tax Registrations and see the attached image but cant seem to do anything there so presumably I need to do it via ROS.
IMG_20231113_215027.jpg

Thanks again for your advice.
The old TRCN1 route looks like the quickest at this stage.
In that attached form it is looking for 'Tax Registration Number to be Cancelled' do I just put my PPS # in there? As I can't remember whether I got another Tax Reg number when I signed up to ROS and started submitting a Form 11.

Also, in terms of where to send it to, I presume it is where it says 'All Other Customers & Companies'.

Thank you.

Thanks again for your advice.
The old TRCN1 route looks like the quickest at this stage.
In that attached form it is looking for 'Tax Registration Number to be Cancelled' do I just put my PPS # in there? As I can't remember whether I got another Tax Reg number when I signed up to ROS and started submitting a Form 11.

Also, in terms of where to send it to, I presume it is where it says 'All Other Customers & Companies'.

Thank you.
It's your ppsn. Follow the address on the form.

Just wondering, how long does deregistration take when done via
(a) ROS
(b) TCRN1

Also, if the ROS password is mislaid, if the OP were to appoint an agent - how long does it take to appoint an agent and could this agent then do the deregistration via ROS?

Does all this need to be done by the 15th of Nov?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Am not a tax expert but I have deregistered using the TCRN1, and I also deregistered my OH who is terrible with paperwork so was very late (I mean probably a year or 2 late) and had been getting letters from Revenue.

He had no penalty or anything, once he deregistered that was that. I reckon it’s only if you were actually liable there would be a penalty.

So I would just send off the TCRN1 asap and not worry about it.

as others stated - very important to use the correct date.

Back