Deposit for lump sum

Dan_The_Man

looking for deposit rate for a lump sum ...2 options being considered:

BCP is delighted to launch the new BCP/NatWest 3.50% AER 5 Year Deposit, a market leading deposit which pays deposit interest of 4.0% at the end of years 1 to 4, and 1.30% at the end of year 5. The credit ratings for NatWest are strong at A+ (Fitch), A- (S&P) and A1 (Moody's).
(need to check availability for individuals)

or

BCP is delighted to launch the new BCP/Societe Generale 2.85% AER 3 Year Deposit (Issue 2), a market leading deposit that pays deposit interest of 3.00% at the end of years 1 & 2 and 2.55% at the end of year 3. The credit ratings for Societe Generale are strong at A (Fitch), A (S&P) and A1 (Moody's).

any other deposit alternatives to BCP giving a return?

Last edited:
This is a predominately Irish site so you may not get much help on UK deposits.

looking for deposit rate for a lump sum ...on the face of it this suits my requirement
Anything similar out there I should be looking at?

BCP is delighted to launch the new BCP/NatWest 3.50% AER 5 Year Deposit, a market leading deposit which pays deposit interest of 4.0% at the end of years 1 to 4, and 1.30% at the end of year 5. The credit ratings for NatWest are strong at A+ (Fitch), A- (S&P) and A1 (Moody's).

The BCP website says "Available to Credit Unions, Charities, Pensions, Corporates, Religious Orders and Friendly Societies".

Are you sure this is available to individuals?

The BCP website says "Available to Credit Unions, Charities, Pensions, Corporates, Religious Orders and Friendly Societies".

Are you sure this is available to individuals?
  • Minimum investment is €250,000 for Credit Unions and €100,000 for other investors ...I do qualify

...I do qualify
Are you sure?...

"Available to Credit Unions, Charities, Pensions, Corporates, Religious Orders, Friendly Societies and has been submitted for admissibility in the Aviva SDIO platform"

Their 3 year product is available to individuals, not the 5 year.

Are you sure?...

"Available to Credit Unions, Charities, Pensions, Corporates, Religious Orders, Friendly Societies and has been submitted for admissibility in the Aviva SDIO platform"

ill double check ...i did see the BCP/Societe Generale 2.85% AER 3 Year ..maybe I need to refine my Question

Are you sure?...

Interesting that the 3 year product is available to individuals.

50k minimum.

No Deposit Guarantee Scheme protection.

Risk mainly limited to the risk that Societe Generale will go bust which seems very low.

Back