demand notice from revenue re income tax

Clarion

My first time dealing with a Form 11 and having sleepless nights!!
in 2009 I went into a business partnership with my sister, it lasted 6 months!!

2009 was my first year unemployed so I was claiming JSB. in 2010 my husband received the Form 11 ( we are jointly assessed) I filled it out after consulting revenue and a brief chat with an accountant that has dealt with my parents business years ago.
we received an income tax bill for 958.00 from revenue. I cant understand how it is this figure since I was unemployed I had explained all about the brief business partnership and enclosed my husbands P60.

in Oct 2010 I explained to the family accountant the amount, he didnt seem to worried asked my to post everything to him and he will sort it out.

Yesterday we received the demand notice for the 958.00

Sorry for the Rant but my head is in a spin, we have to sort this out ourselves, cant seem to get a hold of the accountant???

Can anyone advise, is there any other step we can take or are we left to pay this?

Many Thanks

Give the revenue a call ... be ready for a long wait time and alot of ...One moment, I will transfer you.

I cant understand how it is this figure since I was unemployed I had explained all about the brief business partnership and enclosed my husbands P60.

JSB is taxable. So between the money you made in your brief business venture with your sister and the JSB you received for the rest of the year a tax liability may have arisen. Ask Revenue for detailed assessment.
If you do Form 11 on ROS you can see exactly how it's calculated.

Thank you for the replies, very helpful & feeling less jittery now!
another question, can I claim child Dependent even tho she was born early December 2009?

Back